Toronto Chapter of the ICAI organised Cross Border & Corporate Tax Update presented by Tim Bloos CPA CA, Partner in MNP’s International Tax Services group. The Event was on Feb 23, 2017 at Schooner Room,4th Floor, Scotia Plaza,44 King Street, Toronto.
The session was very helpful for members in practice and industry alike.
Toronto Chapter of the ICAI conducted professional development session on Microsoft Excel 2010, Efficiency Tips & Tricks by Joe S. Saynavong who is an IT Solutions provider and a trainer. Excel session will helped in new ways to do calculations & analysis by using formulas, functions, tables & other excel functions.
PD events held on 18th June, 2016 at Hotel Novotel, Downtown Toronto.
- How to get paid long, long after your last paycheque by Dylan O’Heron from Sunlife
- Asset Based Lending by Mark Kiyonaga from RBC Capital Markets
- Cyber security by Charan Kumar from Collins Barrow
The session included a discussion on current dynamics and main themes influencing global markets today. It provided information on practical strategies that companies use to reduce their exposure to market volatility in both the foreign exchange and interest rate environment.
The session covered:
- 2016 Business Risks affecting CFOs and their companies (in the talent management sector, the hard facts)
- ·Things that appear to contain costs in the short-term, but may actually be more costly in the long run
- ·A glimpse of what the future bears, including information you need to be aware of that will affect your career and long-term plans.
Toronto Chapter hosted session on Practice Inspection presented by David Kennedy. The prime focus will be purpose, mandate, program, process, deficiencies and outcome of Practice Inspection. David became a full-time practice inspector in 1987 and performs inspections for offices of all sizes. His other responsibilities include the detailed review of inspection files prepared by other full- and part-time inspectors, assistance in the daily administration of the practice inspection program and instructing at the training sessions for part-time inspectors.